This statement relates to The Italian Kitchen, operated by Dalata Hotel Group plc., privacy practices in connection with this website. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such. Some technical terms used in this statement are explained at the end of this page.
The Italian Kitchen and Dalata Hotel Group plc. fully respects your right to privacy, and will not collect any personal information about you on this website without your clear permission. Any personal information, which you volunteer to The Italian Kitchen and Dalata Hotel Group plc. will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality.
COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
The Italian Kitchen and Dalata Hotel Group plc. collects various personal and technical information about you on this website.
- Personal information: Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you registered for our newsletter or make a purchase, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, payment details, the names of guests traveling with you and your preferences for your stay. Please note that we have the ability to retain your contact details should you input them on our website using VeCapture and VeChat by VeInteractive, even if you do not complete your registration/transaction/quote by clicking submit. Such contact details may be used to contact you to assist with your registration/transaction. Information you enter into our booking forms may be collected and stored briefly so that we can contact you in relation to the nature of your enquiry/attempted transaction, even if you don’t confirm the transaction. This may be used to send operational emails to enquire as to why the transaction was not completed. We will not use this data for any other purpose, we won’t store it for longer than necessary and we certainly won’t share it with any other company. Our aim is to provide you with the highest level of service that we can.
- Technical information: When you visit our website, we may also collect certain information, like your IP address, or browser, and information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings and click stream data which shows the traffic of your visit around this web site (for example pages accessed and documents downloaded). We also collect the previous website address from which you reached us and the domain name used (for example .i.e., .com, .org, .net) If you’re using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics and latitude/longitude details.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Why The Italian Kitchen and Dalata Hotel Group plc. collects your data?
- Bookings: We use your personal information to administer your online booking.
- Guest reviews: We may use your contact information to invite you to write a review after your stay.
- Marketing activities: We also use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by law. For example:
- Other communications: There may be other times when we get in touch by email, by post, by phone or by texting you, depending on the contact information you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this, for example, we may need to respond to and handle requests you have made.
- Market research: We may ask our customers to take part in market research. Any additional personal details that you give us as part of the market research will only be used with your consent.
- Fraud detection and prevention: We may use personal information for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
- Improving our services: Finally, we use personal information for analytical purposes, to improve our services, enhance the user experience, and improve the functionality and quality of our services.
- When you make a reservation with us, we will send a booking confirmation by email. We also send our customers regular newsletters by email. You can opt out, or unsubscribe, from marketing communication at any time.
- If you have provided us with your email address at some point over the past 12 months we might use this email address to target you with specific offers on facebook or other social media sites that allow retargeting services
- Based on the information you share with us, offers may be shown to you on third-party websites.
- When you use our facilities (eg. Leisure Club) you might be asked for your contact details. We send regular texts by SMS. You can opt out, or unsubscribe, from this SMS service at any time.
- If you have opted-in to 50115 to receive updates from the leisure or spa facilities you might receive regular texts by SMS. You can opt out, or unsubscribe, from this SMS service at any time.
How does The Italian Kitchen and Dalata Hotel Group plc. use guest reviews you share with us?
After your stay with us you’ll be invited to submit a guest review, which may ask for information about the property, the surrounding areas, and the destination. If you don’t want your name to show with your review, you can be displayed anonymously. By completing a guest review, you’re agreeing that it can be displayed on, for example, our websites, in our social media accounts; to inform other travellers about the quality and services of the hotel.
The Italian Kitchen and Dalata Hotel Group plc. uses a range of third parties to provide services – either directly or indirectly. Where relevant, these companies are required to comply with our data privacy and information security standards when handling Personal data and we aim that they do not compromise your Personal data and information. We may share your Personal data and information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is authorised by law or is necessary to protect your personal safety. Such disclosure may include cross-border transfer of Personal data and information. If legally compelled to disclose your information to a third party, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify you in advance of a disclosure unless legally prohibited.
We do not store any personal data in the cookies that we use. Additionally, all our cookie data is encrypted to prevent third parties from accessing the information they contain.
The technical information will be used by The Italian Kitchen and Dalata Hotel Group plc. and only for statistical and other administrative purposes.
You should note that technical details, which we cannot associate with any identifiable individual, do not constitute “personal data” for the purposes of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and the Irish Data Protection Acts, 1988 & 2003.
The Italian Kitchen and Dalata Hotel Group plc. takes security responsibilities seriously, employing the most appropriate physical and technical measures, including staff training and awareness and we review these measures regularly.
RIGHT OF ACCESS, RECTIFICATION AND ERASURE
If you have given your Personal data and information to us, you have the right to ask us to advise you of the scope of information The Italian Kitchen and Dalata Hotel Group plc. processes about you, the purpose and nature of the processing, and information on who we share it with. You can also request to update, correct, or delete it at any time. However, we may need to retain certain information for legal or administrative purposes, such as record keeping or to detect fraudulent activities. You can opt out of marketing contact upon request. If you are concerned about potential violation of your privacy rights, please advise us of your concerns and we will strive to resolve them as soon as practically possible.
You can do any of the above by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Request personal information” in the subject line of your email. You can also send your requests in writing to Dalata Central Office, 4th Floor, Burton Court, Burton Hall Drive, Sandyford, Dublin 18. The Italian Kitchen and Dalata Hotel Group plc. has the right to charge €6.35 for this service and we will reply to your request with 40 calendar days of receiving the request.
ACCURATE COMPLETE AND UP TO DATE
The Italian Kitchen and Dalata Hotel Group plc. strives to retain only data that is accurate, complete and up to date. Please contact us to ensure that the personal information we retain is up to date. Email email@example.com. Please write “Request personal information update” in the subject line of your email.
All customer complaints are promptly escalated to the relevant manager. The Italian Kitchen and Dalata Hotel Group plc. deals with all complaints fairly and promptly and all issues are resolved as quickly as possible. Where any customer is dissatisfied with the outcome of our efforts to resolve their complaint, the matter will be raised with senior management. Where any customer remains dissatisfied, they are notified of their rights to refer their complaint to the relevant Ombudsman.